- Uasdátú – 10/09/2020
Tá súil againn go bhfuil tú ag coinneáil go maith. We hope you are keeping well. Seo nóta beag chun thú a thabhairt suas chun dáta. Here’s a short note to keep you up to date on school life.
We had a staff meeting yesterday where we reviewed how the process of settling back into school safely was going and planning for the month ahead. We will also have a meeting next week of Coiste na dTuistí (Parents Committee) and the Bord Bainistíochta (Board responsible for overall management of the school) so feel free to sent feedback back to us via Aladdin or email and we can discuss it next week.
- Drop-off/ Pick-up: Thanks for all your effort on this. We are succeeding in keeping social distance at these crucial times as recommended. Children are to be dropped off between 8.40 and 9am. Parents are asked not to drop off children before 8.40. From Monday next this will apply to Naíonáin Bheaga also. If parents in Naíonáin Bheaga wish to walk their child to gate/door please park outside the gate.
- Naíonáin Bheaga will be going home at 1.20 from next Monday. Parents collecting Naíonáin Mhóra are asked to arrive in dropzone after this time for their 1.30pm collection.
- The school carries out a weekly risk assessment checklist to ensure that we do not become complacent regarding Covid-19. We will send out regular notices about areas we feel are going well or which need to be improved.
- Parents are asked not to ‘pop-in’ to school for any reason. If you wish to contact us ring and a meeting or phone-call will be arranged.
- There is still an issue with the book bill link on Aladdin. We are aware that parents who have paid still see the bill as due. We will get this sorted and apologise for this. If you are unsure please contact the office.
- As we settle back into school safely we are emphasising friendships and fun; regular PE and outdoor activities; getting the children back into speaking Irish and getting learning support up and running for the children who need it most. As a parent we ask that you remind your child how great it is that they are learning Irish and can speak it and please get in touch if you think there is any particular area in which they need more support at the moment.
- Another priority is reminding the children again and again of the importance of social distance, staying in their group, washing their hands, using sanitizer and being careful when they cough or sneeze. It is vital that these messages are maintained outside school too. If children are walking home they should be 1m from other children/ other households… keep reminding….
- Absences: If your child is absent you will recieve a notice on Aladdin early in the morning. Please enter the reason for their absence. Otherwise call the school or email us with the reason.
- If your child becomes very unwell, has a temperature of 38 or more, has a new cough or experiences changes of taste/ smell you must keep them at home and contact your GP. Siblings should stay home too. Their symptoms may be because of another illness but we need to be careful. There will be a rise in the number of children with temperatures, coughs etc in the weeks ahead. Please keep your child/ children at home, let us know and ring your GP.
- If a child does go for a Covid test and the result is negative ‘Covid non detected’ they can return to school once the symptoms have been gone for 48hrs. Their siblings can come back to school straight away.
- We are continuing to make improvements to the play area outside to allow for more use by the children. We welcome ideas and fundraising ideas to create fun, safe and educational spaces.
- Obair Baile (Homework) No classes are been given homework during these initial weeks. We will be introducing some homework using the Seesaw app in October. Using this app for homework is an important part of our planning in case there is need for learning at home (school closure) in the year ahead. Your class teacher will communicate this clearly to you. You are reminded that children should not bring toys or books from home to school or vice versa.
- Dátaí Dialainne/ Dates for your diary…
- Coiste na dTuismitheoirí (Parents Committee) – zoom meeting 8pm on 14/09/20
- Parents of children in Naíonáin Bheaga – zoom meeting 7pm on 15/09/20
- All parents please attend – CCB/ AGM na Scoile – zoom meeting 7pm on 30/09/20
- Ráiteas: A meeting of the School Board of Management was held on Wednesday, August 26th. Please see the following notice from Cathaoirleach of the Board following meeting:
- Pleanáil: While we still have many questions which need to be answered the most up to date version of Gaelscoil Riabhach’s Covid Response Plan is available at the following link: Covid Response Plan 26 08. A summary of planning and important information is also included in the:Leabhran 2020-2021 Please print a copy of this booklet and read carefully.