Nuacht Scoile: – 18 Mí Lúnasa/ August 2020
A thuismitheoir, a chara,
Tá súil agam go bhfuil sibh ar fad ag coinneáil go maith. We hope you and your families are keeping safe and healthy. As we approach the start of the school year we are working to safely reopen Gaelscoil Riabhach. Please keep an eye on this page for updates.
- Cumarsáid: The school uses the Aladdin Connect to inform parents of updates and school news. Please make sure you are connected to the app. If you have any queries about the app email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 091-847865
- Ráiteas: A meeting of the School Board of Management was held on Wednesday, August 26th. Please see the following notice from Cathaoirleach of the Board following meeting:
- Pleanáil: While we still have many questions which need to be answered the most up to date version of Gaelscoil Riabhach’s Covid Response Plan is available at the following link: Covid Response Plan 26 08. A summary of planning and important information is also included in the:Leabhran 2020-2021 Please print a copy of this booklet and read carefully.
- Galair Ainsealacha/ Chronic Illnesses: Please inform the school and complete our chronic illness form if your child has asthma etc. The Asthma Association of Ireland has a nice checklist, which includes some ideas on protecting vulnerable people at home when school reopens: ASI – Life alongside COVID-19 – Back to School Checklist – 1
6. Rudaí Eile: School reports and book bills have gone out via Aladdin. The school has a book rental scheme and parents do not have to buy books or copies themselves. The book bill covers the costs of all books and copies. School crests can be ordered via the Aladdin app on your phone
Clós na Scoile/ Schoolyard
We will have class zones on yard in September to help us stay healthy and limit the spread of germs. To prepare for this we have repainted the yards and we have loads of new games and activities planned.
Léitheoireacht Samhraidh – Reading During the summer
Is féidir ealaín nó aon rud bainteach le Dúshlán Léitheoireachta an tSamhraidh a chur ar aghaidh chuig email@example.com
Any artwork or other responses to Irish reading Challenge can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Daltaí agus tuismitheoirí nua! New pupils and parents!
Faoi lathair tá muid ag pleanáil i gcomhair Mheán Fómhair agus tá an-áthas orainn go mbeidh ár Naíonáin Bheaga linn.
At present we are planning for September and we are delighted that we will have our new Naíonáin Bheaga (Junior Infants) starting with us. We are awaiting detailed guidelines from the Department of Education on how we will organise the start of the school year and we will post the most up to date information from the school here on our school website.
- For the first two weeks the Naíonáin Bheaga will start at 9.15am and finish at 12.15pm. We will have a one-way system in place to allow parents bring their child to the classroom door and collect from the door. All adults must wear masks at all times on school grounds. From week three onwards school will begin at 8.40/9am and finish at 1.30pm
- Múinteoir Áine (the Naíonáin Bheaga teacher) has made a few videos which you can watch below. It might be useful to watch the videos in the coming weeks/months with your child so that they can see what the school looks like, what their classroom looks like and recognise their Múinteoir.
- General information on preparing your child for primary school is available as Gaeilge at this link and in English at this link.
- Please print and read the Leabhrán Eolais/ Information Booklet above and read the Covid plan. We hope that this sets out how the school is planning and preparing in the context of the current Covid-19 emergency.
- If you have not received any information text from the school we may not have your correct contact details. Please email the school at email@example.com if you have any queries. If you know of any other parents with children who are interested in enrolling for this September we are still accepting enrolments (three places remaining). They should contact the email above asap.
- Please practice all of the important things related to hygiene and preventing the spread of germs with your child. Can your child wash their hands correctly independently? Does your child sneeze into their elbow or use a tissue and then dispose of it? These basic skills take time and practice to learn and will be important parts of starting school.
Fáilte go Gaelscoil Riabhach: Físeáin do Naíonáin Bheaga nua –
(Welcome to Gaelscoil Riabhach – videos for our new Naíonáin Bheaga)
Ag siúl isteach go dtí do sheomra (Walking into your classroom)
Ag dul go dtí an clós (Walking to the playground in the school)
Ag siúl go dtí Halla na Scoile (Walking to the school hall)
Físeáin dínn ag foghlaim sa mbaile/ Videos of us learning at home.
Seachtain Ghníomhach sa Bhaile: Trampailíní, iománaíocht, sábháil móna…
Níl muid ag freastal ar scoil ach fós tá muid ag foghlaim! Táimid an-bhródúil asaibh!